Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:48:29 +1300
From:      "Mark Ibell" <marki@ihug.co.nz>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Netscape Communicator

Hi,
	Is there anyway to get Communicator's standard fixed-width font (ie.
Courier) to look half decent under FreeBSD? For some strange reason this
font looks  okay when running Navigator 3.04, but Communicator 4.xx seems
to have lost the plot somewhere. Both versions look okay under Linux in
this respect, but Windows &  MacOS have to take first prize for this I'm
afraid. Is this because Windows & MacOS have the 'Courier New' font? Please
help, I can't possibly be the only one to have noticed this. It really
upsets the web browsing experience.
	By the way, here's something I think everyone needs to know. Stick the
following in your .Xdefaults file:

*documentFonts.xResolution*iso-8859-1: 100
*documentFonts.yResolution*iso-8859-1: 100

This helps make the fonts in Communicator more readable (by using 100dpi
fonts) but this is still far from perfect.

Thanks,
Mark