Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 20:31:36 -0400
From:      Milosz Tanski <dementor@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.6-RELEASE: floppies broken

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 00:59:33 +0200
Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de> wrote:

> Milosz Tanski <dementor@comcast.net> writes:
>
> > Hi i am a preaty new FreeBSD user i used and installed FreeBSD 4.5
> > before, i would like to let you know about a problem i encoutered with
> > the floppies for 4.6-RELEASE (i got them from:
> > ftp://ftp2.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.6-RELEASE/floppies/
> > just so you know). I think think that the FTP install is broken,
> > because I get an error: No such directory:
> > ftp://ftp2.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/4.6-RELEA (i think
> > it's cut of here cause it got to the edge of the monitor)| (next
> > line:) please check URL and try again. I tried all other us mirrors,
> > including the Main site ftp.freebsd.org. Now i think this is caused
> > by, using the wrong directory: snapshots insted of releases. I did
> > trying to ype in a custom URL, but it told me that folder dosn't
> > exist, even tho it does accroding to mozilla, now I did some
> > experimenting and didn't type a path that it asked me and it told me
> > that: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/fakepath/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i3 dosen't
> > exist, so i figured out that bnefore it trunticated t
>
> The formatting of your mail is somewhat hosed. Your SMTP server logged a
> warning (in the header) that it truncated your lines. This may be
> a new sylpheed bug, I saw that you're using the 0.7.7 version. You may
> want to check for further sylpheed updates soon.
>
> Maybe your problem resolves as mirrors pick up the new version, and goes
> away in a couple of days, other than that, I cannot be of any help to
> your actual problem. Sorry!
>
> --
> Matthias Andree

The text above is right, except it got truticated so here is the rest, hopefull
you can make up the rest (i formated this below by hand so it don't get cut)
so i figured out that bnefore it trunticated the text (maximuim monitor capacity).
Now i wanted to confirm this in the #freebsd channel on irc.linux.com (open
projects) it seams no one was aware, of this and they try to help me debug this.
So accrording to them i did check the Release in Options menu and it sais Release
name: 4.6-RELEASE. I hope you can fix this soon because i am not able to download
the whole CD and burn it due to a lack of a burner. Thanks