Date:      Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:25:45 GMT
From:      Jason Seidel <jseidel@unixsystem.org>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   usb/159274: USB 3.0 Etron EJ168A does not work.

>Number:         159274
>Category:       usb
>Synopsis:       USB 3.0 Etron EJ168A does not work.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
FreeBSD yoda 8.2-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p2 #0: Thu Jul 28 15:54:18 UTC 2011     root@yoda:/usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/YODA  amd64

I have an ASrock E350M1/USB3 motherboard running freebsd 8.2.
If I enable xhci in the kernel, not only does it not detect the usb 3.0 controler, it causes the machine to go into a constant booting loop.

I have tried just adding "device xhci" to the kernel and also building the kernel by removing ehci, it still causing the machine to go into a booting loop.

Please take a look at this, the USB 3.0 controller uses Etron EJ168A, and if they default xhci into the generic kernel for the next release, I'm afraid someone else may get stuck into the booting loop like I did.
>How-To-Repeat:
build a kernel with "device xhci"