Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 23:04:59 -0800
From:      "Pavel May" <pavel@ecs.csun.edu>
To:        "Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD interface with other operating systems.

Both MS NT and Linux use TCP/IP as an underlying protocol (or one of them
anyhow) for communication. On the MS side of the house, NetBIOS runs on top
of TCP/IP, Linux will use TCP/IP natively for NFS/DFS mounts.

In short, FreeBSD is quite happy communicating with
WinNT/Win95/Linux/OtherIncarnationsOfUnix