Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 2010 09:53:20 +0200
From:      "Svein Skogen (Listmail account)" <svein-listmail@stillbilde.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Parklogic making a mess

--------------enig4716C2A9A3574589FF89161F

On 22.08.2010 00:48, Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 17:35:57 +0200
> Svein Skogen <svein@stillbilde.net> wrote:
>=20
>> Anybody else seem to get these header-falsified messages lately:
>=20
> I think anyone who posts to freebsd-questions is probably getting them.=

> I contacted parklogic and got a response telling me I could use an
> anti-spam product to avoid getting it. Not quite the response I had
> hoped for!

I got the exact same response, hence my decision that the entire /18
belonging to this non-serious ISP needs null-routing. They are forging
from-adresses, and clearly have no intention of fixing their mess,
expecting everyone else to run anti-spam products to sort out THEIR probl=
em.

I still think the correct response for this is to make sure the
freebsd.org servers won't be reaching their net (that will stop the
forged messages being triggered by incoming mail), and it just might be
that one or more of their customers will be giving this supplier the
message they NEED to hear: Not sorting out your broken configuration
costs you money.

//Svein

--=20
--------+-------------------+-------------------------------
  /"\   |Svein Skogen       | svein@d80.iso100.no
  \ /   |Solberg =D8stli 9    | PGP Key:  0xE5E76831
   X    |2020 Skedsmokorset | svein@jernhuset.no
  / \   |Norway             | PGP Key:  0xCE96CE13
        |                   | svein@stillbilde.net
 ascii  |                   | PGP Key:  0x58CD33B6
 ribbon |System Admin       | svein-listmail@stillbilde.net
Campaign|stillbilde.net     | PGP Key:  0x22D494A4
        |msn messenger:     | Mobile Phone: +47 907 03 575
        |svein@jernhuset.no | RIPE handle:    SS16503-RIPE
         If you really are in a hurry, mail me at
               svein-mobile@stillbilde.net
 This mailbox goes directly to my cellphone and is checked
        even when I'm not in front of my computer.
                     Picture Gallery:
          https://gallery.stillbilde.net/v/svein/