Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:05:13 +0200
From:      Olaf Leidinger <leidola@web.de>
To:        Glen Barber <glen.j.barber@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't boot from install cdrom/dvd ( was <kein Betreff> )

Hi!

> Try disabling AHCI.  I had to do that on an Intel board.
> Hope  it does help. :-)

Well, it doesn't. The problem is that it doesn't find the DVD device
(which is IDE). But I figured out that I can boot from USB just fine.
The image of 8.0 BETA 2 works fine (I can install and boot that
installation with AHCI enabled), but I'd prefer to use 7.2.
Unfortunately there is no image available and the tutorials to create
one all require FreeBSD.

I found a PC-BSD image and will try this one now.

Thanks a lot,

O.Leidinger