Date:      Sun, 11 May 1997 09:06:45 -0700
From:      jim ward <jward3@idt.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I need help Badly.

hey ... i'm an experienced computer user and i pretty much know what i'm
doing with unix (i have linux, os/2 and win95 booting using system
commander. i tried to install freebsd, and now my system can't recognise
my hard drive. if i try to reinstall any operating system, it can't
recognise my HD. if i try booting into dos, it wont work. i've tried
every single possible BIOS setting and even reinstalling freeBSD. i've
checked my connections on the inside of my computer and the hard drive is
there and connected. so what could cause this?

anxious ... jim ward ... (thanks)