Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 1997 12:51:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Ames <steve@vic.cioe.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Conner tapestor problems?

I have a conner tapestor (TSM4000R) SCSI tape backup. Thats one of them
QIC-3080 jobs. I'm using Sony QW3080XLF tapes (what the drive recommended).

Problem seems to be that I'm only getting use about an eighth of the tape.
I run the backup of my system and get an I/O error (or a screenful of
MEDIUM errors).

i use 'mt rewind' and the tape is definately rewound. I try to go to the
end of the tape and look at it physically and its only gone about an eighth
of the way (consistent with how far along in the dump process it gets before
barfing...)

Anyone got a clue for me? Seems i'm sorely in need of one..

					-Steve