Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:30:13 +0200
From:      Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Having a site-specific icon displayed in Konqueror...

Hi,

I know, this is not a fBSD question really but here goes...

I've noted that the Konqueror browser now displays small icons in its
location widget and on the top left corner of the window which are website
specific, for example at www.freebsd.org, slashdot, msn, and many others. I'm
pretty sure IE6 will have this feature too because it just looks damn
irresistable :)

KDE saves these in ~/.kde/share/icons/favicons but my question is.. How do
they do that on the server side? After all the icon must be sent to my
browser, right? It must be an Apache option I reckon, but I can't find
anything about it.

Can someone explain?

Thanks,

Danny