Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:49:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
Cc:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCP Performance Graphs

:I think I tried this patch, and found some problems with it.  As
:I recall the problems were with extremely high bandwidth connections
:(eg, I have two machines that can move 100Mbps FDX across country
:(70ms latency), and when I tried the patch with that case performance
:was "bad", in the sense that I got like 20Mbps, rather than 100,
:like it should have allowed.

    Yah.  RTT noise probably did it in.  At those bandwidths the
    algorithm would be very hard pressed to find the point as it
    increases CWIN where the RTT goes up.

					-Matt