Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:12:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        "MERCER, JAMES (SBCSI)" <jm3745@sbc.com>
Cc:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: NIC Help

On 2001-04-17, MERCER, JAMES (SBCSI) scribbled:

# I have just installed a second NIC - Intel Pro 100+.  I need to configure it
# but I do not know the commands.  Normally, I would type
# boot -r from the OK prompt then configure IP address for the NIC.  But with
# Free BSD I am not sure of the commands.  I know I must modify the rc.conf
# file but what else?

Run /stand/sysinstall as root, go under Configuration (?) and you can
edit the interfaces from there. Or you can add something like:

ifconfig_fxp1="inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

to /etc/rc.conf if the new Intel card is in addition to another Intel
card. If there isn't already a line in /etc/rc.conf with fxp0, then use
fxp0 instead of fxp1.

--
Linh Pham
[lplist@closedsrc.org]