Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:02:19 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The question of moving vi to /bin

--0H629O+sVkh21xTi

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 04:22:19PM +0200, Jonathan McKeown wrote:
>=20
> You also suggested doing away with ed and /rescue/vi altogether. You may =
not=20
> need statically-linked tools very often, but when you do need them, you=
=20
> *REALLY* need them. Don't suggest throwing them away without thinking thr=
ough=20
> the implications.

I think the intent was to do away with /bin/ed and /rescue/vi in favor of
/bin/vi -- not to do away with /bin/ed and /rescue/vi and replace them
with nothing.

--=20
Quoth Alan Kay: "I invented the term 'Object-Oriented', and I can tell
you I did not have C++ in mind."

--0H629O+sVkh21xTi

--0H629O+sVkh21xTi--