Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 20:55:43 -0700
From:      Eric Lee Green <elgreen@iname.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More on receiver lockups

On Thu, 05 Aug 1999, Eric Lee Green wrote:
> I posted a bug report to GNATS recently about receiver lockup problems that I
> was having with the vr0 driver (Via Rhine). After a while packets get
> out, but they can't get in :-(. Today I swapped it out with a cheapo RTL card
> (rl0 driver). I have the same problem :-(. Thus it does not seem likely that it
> is a problem with the vr0 driver, but is, rather, a problem somewhere else :-(.
>
> So I'm looking for suggestions about the best thing to do next.

Well, I cvsup'ed "stable" (just the kernel) and re-compiled the kernel, and
everything seems to be going hunky-dory. There were no changes in the vr0
driver (didn't check the rl0 driver), anybody have any idea what the problem
was and what fixed it? Was it maybe the buggy Via PCI bridge?

--
Eric Lee Green    http://members.tripod.com/e_l_green
  mail: e_l_green@hotmail.com