Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 1997 20:04:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        David Green-Seed <davidg@autodebit.com>
Cc:        "'current@freebsd.org'" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: usable current SNAP

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, David Green-Seed wrote:

> I believe that mysql uses MIT-pthreads which is a user-level threads
> package... This _probably_ means that the threads will run within the
> context of one kernel thread only - ie: only one thread runs at a time.
> I'm not sure, so you might want to verify this one.

Let's keep this reasonably close.  FreeBSD does not yet have kernel
threads, period.  The rest of your comment is right, I think, in spirit,
but don't toss the thread word around like that, not when you're already
using it to refer to pthreads, which aren't kernel threads.

Any thread running today on FreeBSD is (must be) running in the context of
a single process at a time.

Of course, that point about threads could change, tomorrow, but it's right
as of this moment.

> Dave.
> David Green-Seed
> davidg@autodebit.com