Date:      Wed, 09 Jan 2013 03:38:09 -0800
From:      David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>
To:        John Merryweather Cooper <j.m.cooper@borgsdemons.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  Re: kde4 rebuild - some guidance please

On 1/8/2013 5:45 PM, John Merryweather Cooper wrote:
> On 01/05/13 05:23, David Southwell wrote:
>> Hi
>> I am having problems with my kde4 installation and feel the need to
>> deinstall and start again.
>> In view of the number of ports and dependencies can someone please let
>> me know the cleanest way of doing this. It would probably be safer to
>> assume an upwards and downwards recursive build.
>> Thanks in advance
>> david
>>

> I just used:
>
> # pourtmaster --force-config x11/kde4 to rebuild my KDE4 from scratch.
>
> You can also pass the -f switch to rebuild in place, although I prefer
> blowing away and starting fresh.
> --
> John M. Cooper

Hi

Thanks very much.

  I eventually solved the problems by the following a rather labourious
sequence. with a significant number of manual interventions in the
process of upgrading python ports. I now suspect the problems were
primarily due to some conflicts in the python ports.
Here is what worked:
# portupgrade -f   *py*
# portupgrade -fr *kde*
# portupgrade -fr *xorg*