Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:12:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can not build -STABLE

Lee Cremeans once stated:

=It sounds like you need to update /usr/bin/make. Go to
=/usr/src/usr.bin/make, type "make install", then try the build again.

AFAIK, the build uses the freshly boostrapped make in all cases.

Anyway, I fixed this problem by touch-ing .depend in the gnu/usr.bin/cc/cpp
and then encountered others of similar nature. Then I gave up an idea of a
build with sources accessed over NFS and copied the entire /usr/src to the
machine being upgraded. The build seems to go just fine now.

If it finishes Ok, I'll try to reproduce the problems I was seeing with
the new kernel -- they were 100 percent repeatable, pointing to some sort
of file corruption when accessed with NFS. If it persists, I'll file a PR.

Thanks,

	-mi