Date:      05 Mar 2003 08:06:22 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        John Wilson <jmw_ymail@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A few 5.0-Release questions...

John Wilson <jmw_ymail@yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com> wrote:
> [Dell PowerEdge]
> > What model?  There are quite a few PowerEdges out
>
> It's a 600SC - P4 1.8 - Perc3/SC

FWIW, I had absolutely no trouble booting and installing 5.0-R on my
600SC, with the DELL-supplied CERC RAID card (amr device recognized
it, but it drives 4x ATA disks rather than SCSI), and an Intel gigabit
ether card.  Got X11 working on it rather easily too.
I don't have any other drives (than the supplied IDE CD) in the box.