Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 03:28:22 -0700 (MST)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        kemmy <ykemmy@netscape.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: integrated AGP display card

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, kemmy wrote:

> I don't know how to configure my AGP display card(SiS 85c503) to run
> under any Xserver.
> I don't know which is the most appropriate server for it either.
>
> My system is FreeBSD 3.0-980222-SNAP,
>                      XFree86 3.1.2D.

Hmm...  I don't see your chipset listed anywhere here, but recent XFree86
releases have support for several SiS chipsets.  I have a:

(--) SVGA: chipset:  sis6326
(--) SVGA: videoram: 4096k

in this machine, and it just started being usable in 3.3.6.  In 3.3.5, it
only worked in 24 bpp, there was no text display in other modes.  It's
still a little buggy, but it works reasonably well.

From README.SiS in 3.3.6:

2.  Supported chips
      SiS 86c201
            (External hardware clock)
      SiS 86c202, SiS 86c2x5, SiS 5597/5598, SiS 6326, SiS 530, SiS 620
            (Internal clock synthesizer)

The above are supported by the SVGA server, however, If your chip really
is a 85c503, I'm not sure where you look next.  Perhaps try a more recent
XFree86 SVGA server.

Later......						<Doug>