Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:22:18 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        raj@semihalf.com
Cc:        arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Code review request: boards on AT91

In message: <835D3399-80D0-4AAA-BA85-FC922DEB6E7B@semihalf.com>
            Rafa=B3_Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com> writes:
: On 2008-11-25, at 22:19, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > : > If anybody wants me to write up where I'm going with this, or  =

: > answer
: > : > any question, please feel free to ask.  Also, comments would be=
  =

: > nice.
: > :
: > : I was dreaming once about all-generic initarm() that would have  =

: > KOBJ-
: > : based dispatcher, but am not sure this wouldn't cause some chicke=
n- =

: > and-
: > : egg issues as some parts of the infrastructure might not be  =

: > available
: > : at such early stages, but didn't investigate this too close, any
: > : thoughts? But anyways, even a simple scheme with common logic and=

: > : function ptrs, which each platform variation would implement thei=
r  =

: > own
: > : routines (or use generic), would improve the ARM init code
: > : significantly.
: >
: > Yes.  There's much duplication of code now, and I'd love to work
: > towards ways of coping with less duplication.  I'd also like to see=

: > the ability to compile code either for multi-board support, or just=
: > single board support.  For the moment, I'd like to take the first s=
tep
: > and get to have the latter...
: >
: > The Marvell/Orion stuff has a much better separation, but still nee=
ds
: > some tweaks for board level support.  I think I'm going to write up=

: > what I've done and put it on a wiki and then ask if you could revie=
: > it and see if your experience with the Marvell implementation could=

: > help refine it.
: =

: Great, let me know when you got something in the wiki.

There's a fairly lame version up now:
	http://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSDArmBoards

We likely need a much less lame version :)

Warner