Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 1999 14:12:01 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Robert Nordier <rnordier@nordier.com>
To:        bfischer@Techfak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE (Bjoern Fischer)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netboot & ELF kernels

Bjoern Fischer wrote:

> I've recently noticed that ELF is now default on a
> kernel build. No problems with ELF kernels on a server
> machine, but netboot fails to load an ELF kernel (lack
> of support, it seems).
>
> Is it on the list to add support for ELF kernels to
> netboot? Or, is there any alternative way to boot
> a diskless machine (diskless -- not even a floppy)?

One alternative is Etherboot (http://www.slug.org.au) which Doug
Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com> has patched for FreeBSD and which
will most likely be added to the ports collection.

I've been sitting on this for some time (sorry, Doug), but will
try to finish looking at it in the next few days.

--
Robert Nordier