Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:09:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ray Gilstrap <ratogi@eecs.berkeley.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   usb modem: /dev/???

Hi,

Just got my hands on a Ricochet wireless box that claims to look like a
USB modem.  I'm running 4.1.1-S, and the umodem driver appears to
recognize it:

umodem0:  , rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2, iclass 2/2

Trouble is, I don't know what entry in /dev to use to access the modem.
Does anyone know the magic mknod parameters I should use to create the
proper device?

I haven't had any luck with searching the list archives or the web for
this information, or for general documentation on the driver.  Which means
that it's all probably conveniently located in an obvious place right
under my nose...

If all else fails the modem can also plug into the serial port, but at the
cost of a few Kbps of throughput.

TIA,
Ray

   UC Berkeley Electrical Engineering/     ratogi@eecs.berkeley.edu