Date:      Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:19:17 +0000
From:      Robert Slade <bsd@bathnetworks.com>
To:        James Tanis <jtanis@pycoder.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org" <freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: type 5 kbd/mouse woes

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 16:38, James Tanis wrote:
> I'm pretty convinced its a problem resulting from my own ignorance as
> far as FreeBSD/Sparc64 goes, so I'm just going to ask a simple
> question first. What modules/drivers must one load to get a working
> sun type 5 (din) mouse/keyboard under the console and in xorg? The
> keyboard of course works fine under the console. Unfortunately, I
> can't seem to find any documentation on the subject that isn't i386
> centric. I've tried most things that seem not unlikely, I have prior
> experience with sparc32/xsun, but either it has been too long or
> things are a bit different now :P. I realize I'm being pretty
> ambiguous here, just wanted to know what kernel modules and xorg
> drivers handle them.
>
> --
> James Tanis
> jtanis@pycoder.org
> http://pycoder.org

James,

It depends on which vesrion of FBSD you are using. For 6.0 P1 consiole
the type 5 works out of the box ish. I say ish as the leds don't work
and the only keymap appears to be US. I don't think the mouse works at
all.

With x-windows try this:

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
         Driver      "kbd"
         Option "Protocol"    "standard"
         Option "AutoRepeat"  "500 30"
         Option "XkbRules"    "sun"
         Option "XkbModel"    "type5"
         Option "XkbLayout"   "gb"
         Option "XkbKeycodes" "sun(type5)"
 EndSection

Change XkbLayout to your layout. BTW again it sort of works some keys
are wrong and the leds don't work. I haven't bothered any further as I
use ssh & vnc to connect and that works correctly.

The mouse works though /dev/cuau3 as there is no sysmouse.

Rob