Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 11:53:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   makeworld.html suggestion

I would like to suggest that Mergemaster be included in the Make World
documentation.

I thought of this during the 4.0 release when so many inexperienced people
were having trouble with the upgrade.  I remember that I learned about
mergemaster from a passing comment made on the Stable list.  It certainly
made life much easier.  I had been doing it the hard way for a long
time, and even more surprising is that a search for
"mergemaster" produces no results on the FreeBSD web site.

If I were a better writer I would tackle the problem, but I know that
there are those of you much more capable.

Thanks,

Jim Weeks
--------- A mind is a terrible thing to lose!  How I miss mine...