Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 13:35:01 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert <robert@namodn.com>
To:        WL <will@localads.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help

(Please copy the message to the freebsd-questions group too

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, WL wrote:

> >Sure, you can set up Apache on your FreeBSD machine ( Apache's used on
> >most of the world's webservers, and is also free for download, there's a
> >lot of help for setting stuff up at www.apache.org ) and test your scripts
> >locally.. not a bad idea, don't want visitors to see the live site in the
> >middle of debugging a screwy script :)
>
> Right.  So, would I install Freebsd - and then install Apache?

Yes. If you buy a CD set from Walnut Creek cdrom ( cdrom.com or
freebsd.org ), then apache will come on the CD, and you can select to
install Apache during the installation of the operating system.

If you choose to download FreeBSD ( takes longer depending on your modem
speed, but doesn't cost anything :) then you can download the Apache
package from freebsd.org ...

-rob
( www.namodn.com )
( robert@namodn.com )