Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:21:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Michael V. Harding" <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: An ELF upgrade story

I tried the 'official' aout-to-elf procedure on a from 2.2.8-stable ->
-current with 500 meg disk space free and ran out of disk space!  Any
way to de-bloat this procedure?

-- Mike Harding

   Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 21:39:49 -0500 (EST)
   From: Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
   Sender: owner-freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG

   First, a bit of disclaimer:

   DON'T DO THIS.  Really.  I mean it.  At a minimum, don't expect anyone
   to help you if you try and it doesn't work.

   I recently upgraded my laptop to a current -current, and at the same
   time finally converted over to ELF.  I had held back on ELF for as
   long as I could because my disk is very small (1G FreeBSD partition),
   and I had only 230 MB of space for /usr/obj -- not nearly enough to
   complete the official upgrade process.