Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2003 17:25:40 +0200
From:      Bram Moolenaar <Bram@moolenaar.net>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Error installing port

I'm running FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE.  I was trying to install GTK+ 2.2.
Apparently something went wrong in the dependency for glib-2.2.1:

checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
configure: error: *** pkg-config too old; version 0.14 or better required.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to gnome@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
      the "/usr/ports/devel/glib20/work/glib-2.2.1/config.log" including the
      output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good
      idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
      (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).

Apparently a dependency on the right pkg-config version is missing.
Unfortunately, it's not clear to me how to get a newer pkg-config...

--
"Making it up?  Why should I want to make anything up?  Life's bad enough
as it is without wanting to invent any more of it."

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///          Creator of Vim - Vi IMproved -- http://www.Vim.org          \\\
\\\              Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.A-A-P.org        ///
 \\\     Help AIDS victims, buy at Amazon -- http://ICCF.nl/click1.html ///