Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:40:09 -0800
From:      "John Stockdale" <jstockdale@stanford.edu>
To:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   3ware Management Daemon

Name: 3dm-1.10.0.011_1,1
Desc: 3ware ATA RAID monitoring daemon and web server

I'm trying to get the 3ware Management Daemon running on FreeBSD
5.0-CURRENT, but have been having some problems. First as a disclaimer,
I have not had very much experience with FreeBSD.

I have installed the package with sysinstall, and on boot it indicates
that 3dmd has been loaded; however, when I "ps -al | grep "3dm*""
immediately after boot, no processes match. Additionally, even once I
have manually started 3dmd through "3dmd &" or "./3dmd.sh start" then
the process does show up in ps; however, when I try to connect to port
1080 (which is set in 3dmd.conf) the connection is refuesed (ie. It
appears that 3dmd is not listening).

I have searched the mailing list archives as well as the internet in
general, but have not had any success.

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Stockdale