Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 00:27:07 -0400
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Curious actions using cvsup

Near the end of March, I used cvsup to pull down the src-contrib
distribution of FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE.  I used the RELENG_3_2_0_RELEASE tag,
as outlined in http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/synching.html.

Tonight, a mere 12 days later, I did the very same cvsup again.  Strangely
enough, it's checking out all the files!!

Since I can't see why any files would have changed in a 6-month old release
version of FreeBSD, I'm puzzled as to why they're being checked out.  The
only thing I can think of is that the release tag I'm using is incorrect -
but all the sources I've checked (including the seemingly authoritative one
above) all say the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Matthew Emmerton