Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:31:14 -0800
From:      bruno schwander <bschwand@dvart.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   fxtv sound recording

I have TV playback working great, sound and all, with fxtv. However,
whenever I try to record sound (whether alone or with video) fxtv
freezes. The UI freezes and I have to kill fxtv from another console.
I can than see a tiny raw sound file in the temp directory.
Video capture (no sound) works great (althought fxtv complains that the
compression script exited with a wrong return code, but I can run it
manually and it works.)

I am using a Hauppauge WinTV/GO card and a SoundBlaster 16 , on FreeBSD
4.0 with the latest bktr driver (not the one from the distribution, I
got it directly from the bt848 developments web pages)

Oh, and video playback freezes when I record video, is this normal ? I
actually could not care less if there was no video and audio feedback,
as long as it records properly !

Thanks to all who have suggestions

bruno