Date:      28 Jan 2001 11:38:25 -0800
From:      "Dale Weber" <netman@spiritone.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is it possible to play audio cd's on a IDE/ATAPI CD device?

On Saturday 27 January 2001 15:36, David Brittain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was curious if it is possible to play an audio cd on a IDE/ATAPI
> CD_ROM drive under FreeBSD 4.2.  I have successfully configured my
> kernel to recognize my sound card (a SB PCI-128) and I have been able t=
> play *.au files without any difficulty.  However, when I try to play an
> audio cd, using workman, xcd, or xcdplayer, it seems that the cd player=
> recognize the number of tracks and even tries to play the cd, but I get
> no sound.=20

=09I play CDs and sounds using GriP 2.95 and XMMS 1.2.4 just fine.  I'm r=
unning=20
4.2 RELEASE here, using the pcm sound driver for my SBLive! Platinum=20
(original version).  Works great! ;) ;)  I also get great sound when runn=
ing=20
KDE 2 and Enlightenment with EsounD.

=098-Dale
--=20
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.spiritone.com/~netman
SuSE Linux, FreeBSD 4.2, and Windows 2000 Professional