Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 1996 05:36:11 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@root.com>
To:        Tim Steele <tjfs@tadpole.co.uk>
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Great stuff so far

>Second update: even when loading from a local server (idle
>SPARCstation LX on the same 10baseT hub) I only get 1.3KB/sec!!
>
>This is bad, yes?

   Yes, it's bad. This almost certainly points to an interrupt problem. When
interrupts aren't working, the 3c509 driver has a one second timer that will
still allow data to trickle in slowly. Make sure that the kernel and your card
agree on the interrupt and that there are no other cards in the system that
may be conflicting with it.

-DG

David Greenman