Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:30:08 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, Carlo Dapor <carlo@vis.ethz.ch>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Subject:   Re: KSE: How often diff'ed ?

John Baldwin wrote:

> On 31-Aug-01 Peter Wemm wrote:
> > Julian Elischer wrote:
> >> The diff file is updated automatically one per hour
> >> from the P4 repository that we are working on.
> >> it IS possible that yuo might catch it at a time when what is in teh
> >> repository may not match what is in -current but generally that should not
> >> last to long.
> >> (depends on how often one of us does an MFC from -current)
> >
> > I can make a cvsup'able collection and do a live replication of the kse
> > branch into a cvs tree..
>
> I think having a p4 -> cvs duplicator up so people can cvsup any of the stuff
> currently in p4 for testing would be nice.  It would also be good practice
> for the future.  *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

Ok. Done.

cvsup-master and cvsup10.freebsd.org are carrying a collection called
"p4-cvs-all".  Right now it has the kse sys and lib/libkvm tree in it.

To get the cvs ,v tree:
*default host=cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/tmp	# change
*default prefix=/tmp	# change
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
p4-cvs-all

To get source:
*default host=cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/tmp	# change
*default prefix=/tmp	# change
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
#*default compress
p4-cvs-all tag=.

It will check out:
  projects/kse/lib/libkvm/... and
  projects/kse/sys/...

If you have a committer account on freefall, you can get "the truth" version
by having a look at http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/p4cookbook.txt
and running p4newuser on freefall.  You can then check out the code directly
onto your test machines with none of the replication delays.

Incidently, the kse folks may like to keep a copy of the cvs ,v tree on their
laptops for extended disconnected sessions so they can easily get logs etc.

Cheers,
-Peter