Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 12:00:51 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cjc-desktop.reflexcom.com>
To:        LART <lart@mfn.org>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPro 200's and the BTX Loader?

[This mail was resent due to delivery problems. If you have received it
twice, please ignore. Sorry for any inconvenience.]

On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 08:14:48AM -0500, LART wrote:
[snip]

> (2) We have verified that the CPUs and RAMs are all good to go on all O/Ss
> other than FreeBSD 3&4.x (they pass all diags, and boot/install/run FBSD
> 2.2.5, win 95, win98, and winnt-svr4.0 just fine).

[snip]

> (5) The motherboards are all ECS P6FX1-A, running Award BIOS 4.51PG (P6FX1-A
> BIOS 1.4 9/13/96).

It is 3.x _and_ 4.x having that problem? Hmmm... If it was just 4.x, I
would wonder about the IDE controller. Support for some broken IDE
controllers was dropped in the change to the new driver.
--
Crist J. Clark                           cjclark@alum.mit.com