Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 23:25:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>, Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cant build 3.5-stable?

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>Either that or we'll just revert Dag's changes.  He's not allowed
>to break 3.5-stable.

I just caught up on my freebsd email, I came home to your friendly
neighborhood power outage.  I'll spare you the rant about the local
power company.  I had just begun the 3.5-STABLE buildworld and was
coming to the same conclusion that Mike Silbersack posted wrt to
compile_et.  It's not Dag's problem but rather an MFC done by assar on
the 4th of July to the compile_et code which is breaking the build.  If
you or someone else listening could revert that then the build should
stabilize once again.  I've just locally reverted that change and am
starting a build again and will report my results.

Apologies to Dag for blaming his code.  From the error messages posted
that appeared to be the problem.  I wasn't near a RELENG_3 box at the
time to test that theory.  =)

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying