Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 1997 16:45:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Gennadi Makhmetov <gena@ph-elec.phys.msu.su>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lnc device

> if you can get a NON PCI MB. just use 16 bit SMA/WD cards.
> (they are also cheaper).
> do NOT use NE2000 cards.

Just out of curiosity, do you mean generic NE2000 cards, and if so, may I
ask as to why you say not to get them.  We have a few NE2000 generic cards
in some machines here, and have absolutely no problems with them, plus
their speeds aren't bad.  They aren't near as good as the Intel Pro100B
PCI cards we also use, but they are still decently fast nontheless...

-Gary Margiotta
TBE Internet Services
http://www.tbe.net