Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 2010 19:16:19 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Webcamd v0.1.18 ready for testing [was: v0.1.17]

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:13:24 +0100
Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net> wrote:

> On Monday 13 December 2010 17:26:21 Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> > First of all; isn't requiring other parameters in addition to rcvar a POLA
> > violation?
>
> I needed to do this to avoid more warnings. webcamd isn't really a daemon you
> can start and stop. It only is supposed to start when receiving devd events.
>
> Regarding the rcvar, maybe that can be fixed. Do you know what I need to add
> to webcamd's rc.d script?

I'm no expert, but first of all, you need to move the
run_rc_command $1
outside of the if statement, or else no command will be performed.
Just move it to the bottom opf the script, like so:
run_rc_command "$1"

As for the conditions you have inside the if statement, perhaps you can make a
start_precmd function, and put the stuff in there?
See for example
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/cupsd
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/dbus
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/hald