Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 16:13:25 -0500
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rc.shutdown and SmartUPS

I've been testing my configuration of NUT (Network UPS Tool,
/usr/ports/sysadmin/nut). Everything seems to be working quite well,
however I'm having problems sequencing the powerdown of the UPS.
I'd really like to use nut, because I have a wide variety of different
UPSes in my organization, and many of them are dumb.

I'm shutting down the UPS from /etc/rc.shutdown, however the UPS shuts
down before the root partition is dismounted. This obviously defeats the
purpose of a graceful shutdown!

Does anybody shut down their UPS from rc.shutdown, and if so, how?

--
Christopher Farley
www.northernbrewer.com