Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 1997 15:06:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Root's Shell--Anything?

Some recent postings have suggested that root's shell can be
anything--i.e., not limited to csh or sh.

As I remember I once tried to change root's shell to tcsh and got
into a lot of trouble--enough so that I'm reluctant to experiment.

I thought if root's shell, to run, required access to /usr, this
could be a problem if only / were mounted.

With su -m, of course, root gets the shell of the user as part of
the environment, so a change should not really be necessary.

Clarification would be appreciated.

	Annelise