Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:59:50 -0400
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        gabor@zahemszky.hu, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RPi2 with RedBear IoT pHat cannot boot

Sorry for the top post.=C2=A0

I said similar or the same, I don't have a lot of bandwidth to check these =
things right now.=C2=A0

SDIO (the hardware interface for both chips) is not currently supported by =
the FreeBSD kernel and there does not seem to be support for the underlying=
 Broadcom chips (as there is no SDIO support!), but Mr. Adrian Chadd may be=
 able to speak more to that. =E2=80=8EHe has previously mentioned that the =
chips are very complex and porting them will be time consuming.=C2=A0

There is currently a new SDIO driver making its way into the head branch bu=
t it will not be in FreeBSD 11. Mr. Warner Losh could speak more to that.=
=C2=A0

Please see =E2=80=8Ehttps://reviews.freebsd.org/D4761 for more details on t=
he new CAMMMC driver.=C2=A0

As I am not a hardware/FTD expert, I would guess that the issue you are see=
ing is the same both ways: the phat is modifying the hardware signature of =
the device, causing the dtb to fail to load. =E2=80=8EBut that's just a gue=
ss.=C2=A0

Russ

Sent=C2=A0from=C2=A0my=C2=A0BlackBerry=C2=A010=C2=A0smartphone=C2=A0on=C2=
=A0the=C2=A0Virgin=C2=A0Mobile=C2=A0network.
=C2=A0 Original Message =C2=A0