Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:55:31 -0600
From:      "Sloan, Geoff" <Geoff.Sloan@COMPAQ.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BIND 9.1 under FreeBSD 3.1?

I realize this is probably a really newbie-ish question, but how would I go
about installing BIND 9.1 under FreeBSD 3.1?  I have BIND 8.2.x on it
currently with all of its data files in the usual /etc/namedb and of course
the executable lives in /usr/sbin/named. I have BIND 9.1 compiled without a
problem, but I don't want to run the install script, as I'm not certain that
it will place everything where it needs to go, and still see my 8.2.x config
files.  Anyone have a sec to help me out with how I should go about
modifying the install script to be FreeBSD-friendly, or at least what needs
to go where to have as little downtime as possible?

Thanks,
Geoff Sloan
Systems Engineer
COMPAQ Computer Corporation