Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 2007 19:50:52 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        Saad Ali <cyborg_sa@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless Modem

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 04:07:36PM +0000, Saad Ali wrote:

> I have a CDMA connection with a Huawei wireless ETS2551 phone set that connects to my PC using a TUSB3410 cable (UART to USB). It gets detected as "TUSB3410 Boot Device" under the device node ugen0 which is a generic device node. My question is that how can I use this modem builtin to the phone set in FreeBSD. I was advised to recompile the kernel but I cant find my device name under the FreeBSd 6.1 hardware list.

The TUSB3410 is a generic 8051 microcontroller with USB, which can
be used as an USB UART, but is freely programmable.
It has a simple internal ROM to upload firmware into it's code RAM
from external memory or via USB.
Since it presents you with the boot code it has no firmware loaded
yet and you are expected to upload it first.
You might want to check comms/uticom in ports.

--
B.Walter                http://www.bwct.de      http://www.fizon.de
bernd@bwct.de           info@bwct.de            support@fizon.de