Date:      Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:08:06 -0700
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
To:        Daniel Gerzo <danger@rulez.sk>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CGI Style conversion

>why we need to keep HTML 4.01 btw? We should use XHTML 1.0

Because I didn't want to change cvsweb to generate XHTML.  I spent
a few hours converting some of my own stuff that was originally
written around the same time as cvsweb, and it was a real pain -
converting uppercase elements, adding quotes, etc etc.  I created
the HTML 4.01 option so that the cgi style conversion didn't block
on converting cvsweb.cgi.

  Bill