Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 1997 13:01:26 -0500
From:      John Szumowski <harpo@javanet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Please help with vrwave

[cc'd to freebsd-questions]

I'm trying to get vrwave .9 to run under FreeBSD 2.2.2. (Using JDK 1.0.2
and Mesa 2.5) However, I've not had much success (compiled it myself).
For example, when I try to access something, say:
http://www3.zdnet.com/products/vrmluser/map/zdnet.wrl
I see:

---
opening location: http://www3.zdnet.com/products/vrmluser/map/zdnet.wrl
VRMLparser. Error: invalid header Dpg4
                                      zdnet97.wrl}{w6ZwgVs(
^[[?1;2c
---etc. (xterm font gets screwed up and i have to close it)

This "invalid header" message shows up even if I try to view something
like http://www.yahoo.com (not sure if normal pages work with vrwave)

Is the parser set up incorrectly? I believe I followed the instructions
in "BUILDING" straight through...

I'm currently starting up vrwave by running the "run" script in the test
subdirectory.

If anyone has any suggestions for how to get get vrwave working, I would
really appreciate a post or email.

Thanks,

John Szumowski
harpo@javanet.com