Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 1996 14:59:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        fcurrent@jraynard.demon.co.uk (James Raynard)
Cc:        grog@lemis.de, dyson@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vm fixes NG

> I had quite a few start-up crashes with Emacs as well.
>
> I'm currently compiling a ctm 2068 kernel. I'll post again if there
> are any new developments.

If you have pmap.c v1.97 you have the latest.  There are a couple of
people (including you) who are helping immensely.  Thanks for being
patient.  The more info you can send me, the better the chance that
I can help (and you can help me.)   If at all possible, of course a stack
traceback is minimum (and very helpful.)  But sometimes the (p->pindex,
p->flags, p->queue, and maybe p->object->type) are all very helpful.

Again THANKS for the help, and we will all get this working.  I am also
trying to figure out a way of giving those some credit for helping with
these problems.

No matter how brilliant the code is, if it doesn't work, noone cares :-).

Thanks
John