Date:      Sun, 01 Jun 1997 22:31:29 -0400
From:      Shashi Joshi <shashi@shift-f1.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   FreeBSD installation problems

Hi,
I have trouble during FreeBSD installation in two areas:

1. Installing X window:
	I reached upto the graphical configuration. I am unable to pick
	the proper graphic card/chip
	I have a Gateway 2000 CrystalScan monitor 17"
	30-64 and 50-120 frequencies
	and STB Velocity and STB Virge/GX card

	I was able to install an start X as well (by typing startx)
	But I am not able to select ANY OTHER MODE except 320x200
	I tried everything but it always starts in 320x200 mode (my monitor
	can take upto 1248x1024. When I run /stand/sysinstall and configure X
	thru the XF6Setup, it somehow knows the proper graphic mode to pick, since
	it sppears like a 800x600 mode

2. Installing/configuring for PPP protocol
	I am trying to dial out to my ISP via modem.
	when I type pppd it says the kernel does not support PPP
	I have installed comms/seyon. When asked during installation if I
	want PPP/SLIP I selected yes. It then asked if I wanted to configure for
	PPP. When I said yes, it went into ppp mode, which won't dial out.
	Please help me out on this, since this is very time critical to my project
:(((

Thanks you very very much

Shashi
Shift-F1, Inc.
ShashiKant Joshi                                       shashi@shift-f1.com
Shift-F1, Inc.                                                770-424-6958