Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 23:23:53 -0400
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why are people against GNU? WAS Re: 5.0 already?

On Sun, 14 May 2000, James Howard wrote:
> On Sun, 14 May 2000, G. Adam Stanislav wrote:
>
> > By the way, there has been a heated discussion on the Unicode list
> > recently: Someone is proposing to have the copyleft symbol official
> > incorporated into Unicode. Whatever that symbol is (I have never seen it).
>
> It's like the normal (C) except enclosed in a full circle and facing the
> other direction.  I hope that gets defeated.

So _that's_ what this sticker is. A cow-orker went to a Linux expo in
NYC a couple of months back. He came back with stickers, pens, CDs,
and the usual give-aways. To bad he didn't bring back one of those
she-daemons that caused such a stir.

Anyway, he gave me a couple of stickers with a penguin and the
copyright symbol. For the life of me, I could not figure out why
they'd made stickers of the penguin blancing on its beak, upside-down
on a copyright symbol. Now I get it. The penguin is right-side up
balancing the copyleft symbol on its beak. Ahhhhh...

Wonder if anyone else wonders why the penguin is upside down.