Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:51:35 +0000
From:      David Taylor <davidt@yadt.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   urio driver

The urio driver appears to call make_dev, discarding the returned dev_t,
and never bothers to call destroy_dev.

Although this is presumably broken, it did _work_ previously.  however,
there is now a 'panic("don't do that");' call in make_dev (and
destroy_dev) to prevent duplicate calls, thus the machine will crash if
you attach/detach/re-attach a rio.  This has been happing for quite a
while now, but I've never been bothered enough to actually try to fix it,
until now. :)

I have approximately no experience with FreeBSD device drivers, but I'm
currently attempting to see if I can figure out how the other u*.c files
handle detaching... any hints would be appreciated :)

--
David Taylor
davidt@yadt.co.uk