Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2006 20:25:40 -0500
From:      "Daniel Schleig" <bobgb4@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-i386@freebsd.org
Subject:   Not Recognizing Hard Drive

PC Chips M925A
AMI Bios VIA_P6 05.06.2004
Windows XP Pro - NTFS
Celeron 2.4GHz
768MB Ram
80GB WDC WD800JB-00JJA0
ATI Radeon 9200se
Sony CD-RW CRX230ED
---
FREEBSD - 6.0 - RELEASE
---

I am trying to duel boot FreeBSD with XP pro (NTFS)...

Windows is partitioned on the whole drive and I wish to repartition so ther=
is room for FreeBSD (10 - 15GB).  Is there a way/program, since FIPS does
not recognize NTFS, to resize the xp part. without having to reformat or is
there a way/program to convert to fat/fat32?

also...

After booting from either the boot disk or disk 1, once sysinstall stardard
installation is selected, I receive the error: "No disks found! Please
verify that your disk controller is being properly probed at boot time. See
the Hardware Guide on the Documentation menu for clues on diagnosing this
type of problem."

Any Help/Ideas?

Thanks alot!

--