Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2003 20:22:02 -0500
From:      <icorretj@gmu.edu>
To:        nbm@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: courier-imap-1.6.1

Dear Courier-imap maintainer,

I've recently installed courier-imap and ran across a problem.  I was
hoping to receive your feedback on whether it's a port problem or if it
is my setup.

What I did:

portinstall -rR courier-imap

This ensures all dependencies are installed as well as courier-imap
itself (courier-imap 1.6.1-1).  I did not edit the config files, I
merely copied them over from *.dist to * (including authdaemonrc) and
ran the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ scripts unmodified.  Courier-imap comes up
great:

* OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2002 Double Precision, Inc.  See
COPYING for distribution information.

userdb has a valid entry for the account tested by authtest:

Authenticated: module authdaemon
Home directory: /root/.maildir/corretjer.dyndns.org/root
UID/GID: 1000/20
Maildir: ./
AUTHADDR=root@corretjer.dyndns.org
AUTHFULLNAME=<none>

When I try to login manually I get the following:

* OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2002 Double Precision, Inc.  See
COPYING for distribution information.
1 login root@corretjer.dyndns.org <*****>
ELF interpreter /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found
Connection closed by foreign host.

From glancing at the scripts for running courier-imap
(/usr/local/etc/rc.d/) I noticed that the environment for courier-imap
is set with /usr/local/libexec - my first instinct was to wonder if
there is a chroot where I should place ld-elf.so.1?

I intentially tried to keep everything stock configuration from the
port, and tried to throughly  test each component.  Everything seems to
have been installed/configured correctly.  It's just when I've
authenticated properly courier-imap needs ld-elf.so.1 and is restricted
from accessing it.  Please let me know if any of the above sounds/looks
wrong or if there is a fix for the above problem.

Regards,

Ivan C.
icorretj@gmu.edu