Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:13:51 -0700
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <ryallsd@datasphereweb.com>
To:        "'elliot'" <elliot@damn-right.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: mounting filesystems

>=20
> FreeBSD team,=20
>=20
> I am having problems mounting my filesystem after moving the=20
> drive from slave to master, the old location was,=20
> '/dev/ad1s1a', and the device is now called 'ad0'.
>=20

I can tell you what the problem is, I just don't know exactly how to fix
it.  I believe it is your /etc/fstab file.  All the entries that had
ad1xxx now need to be ad0xxx.  If you have any interaction at all (ie,
it asks you for a boot prompt, you might be able to boot to device
ad0s1a, manually mount the slice, edit fstab and reboot.  Matthew Seaman
gave a good (detailed) method of doing something similar, so you might
search the archives or google for it.

I am a mount amateur myself, so I can't get too specific.  Good luck.

-Derrick